Innovation is a state of mind
No matter how well we are doing things today, if we keep doing them the same in way, in ten years time we will have been left behind. The increasingly rapid pace of change can quickly turn today’s cutting edge best practice into tomorrow’s fax machine. To stay relevant and successful, businesses need to innovate. But how do you do it?
Innovation is not what you do if you have some time left after you have done all your work. It is the work.
In eight years hosting ABC TV’s The New Inventors, James O’Loghlin worked with over a thousand innovators who thought outside the box and came up with new and better ways of doing things.
In his keynote presentation he will discuss:
- Why every business needs to be continually innovating.
- The three things innovators do better than everyone else.
- How innovation happens. Everyone talks about the need to be more innovative, but no one tells you how to actually do it. James will share a process that enables everyone to come up with more innovative ideas.
- The six things every business can do to build a workplace culture that encourages everyone to be innovative.
- Why some organisations can encourage their staff to not only have ideas, but also to share them, and why some organisations never get access to the good ides their people have.
- How to grow, test, assess and implemement use new ideas.