James has 3 keynotes on Innovation
1. INNOVATION IS A STATE OF MIND
No matter how well we are doing things today, if we keep doing them the same in way, in a few years’ time we will have been left behind. The increasingly rapid pace of change can quickly turn today’s cutting edge best practice into tomorrow’s fax machine. To stay relevant and successful, businesses need to innovate. But how do you do it? In eight years hosting ABC TV’s The New Inventors, James O’Loghlin worked with over a thousand innovators who thought outside the box and came up with new and better ways of doing things.
In his keynote presentation James will discuss:
- Why every business needs to be continually innovating.
- The three things innovators do better than everyone else.
- How innovation happens… James will share a process that enables everyone to come up with more innovative ideas.
- The six things every business can do to build an innovative corporate culture.
- Simple strategies to use to be more innovative
- A process to go through to come up with new ideas
- An understanding of how to grow ideas to the point they can be implemented
2. OVERCOMING THE BARRIERS TO INNOVATION
Many of us want to focus more on innovation and improving our business, but find that at the end of the year, for some reason, it just hasn’t happened. What went wrong? What factors stop us from being innovative, and how can we overcome them? In this informative and entertaining keynote, illustrated with relevant case studies, former host of “The New Inventors” and innovation expert James O’Loghlin will share:
- The 6 most common barriers to innovation (Yes, not having time is one).
- How to overcome each of those barriers.
- How to ensure that making your business better becomes a part of your work every day.
- 3 steps to help anyone become more innovative.
- An understanding of the factors that prevent us from being more innovative.
- Easy to implement strategies to overcome those barriers.
- Strategies to identify opportunities for innovation and take advantage of them.
3. CREATING AN INNOVATIVE CULTURE
The greatest resource any organisation has is the space between the ears of its people, but many organisations don’t get anywhere near full value from it. What sort of corporate culture does your organisation have? One where everyone just does their job? Or one where everyone keeps trying to do their job better?
It’s more important than ever for organisations to be innovative, but how do you create a corporate culture where everyone knows that part of their job is to think of better ways of doing things, and where new ideas are shared, assessed, trialled and the best ones implemented? In this enlightening and entertaining keynote, former host of “The New Inventors” and innovation expert, James O’Loghlin, will share:
- How to create a corporate culture where everyone from the CEO to the receptionist is encouraged and expected to be innovative.
- 6 steps to create an innovative corporate culture.
- The role of leaders and managers in fostering innovation.
- How to create a simple, efficient system to harvest, grow, and assess new ideas.
- How to embed innovation as an essential part of corporate culture, rather than an ‘extra’ that is always shunted to the bottom of the list.
- Understanding the advantages of creating an innovative culture.
- Understanding how to create an innovative corporate culture.
- Knowing how to implement an efficient and useable pipeline to capture and assess ideas from staff.